Monday, October 19, 2009

Custom order and my first attemp at soldering!

Here is a custom polymer clay light switch plate that I made. It is going in a really cute nursery:

I finally got up the nerve to try making a soldered glass pendant. I've had a kit that I bought off of Etsy for like...2 years now! I still need a lot of practice, but I can say that the soldering iron and solder do not intimidate me anymore. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I'm most proud that I was able to solder on the bail. The picture is of my grandparents, and on the back it says love.

Here is a great online video that I found: Soldered Collage Charm/Pendant using Glass Slides. I also have this book: Simple Soldered Jewelry & Accessories: A Crafter's Guide to Fashioning Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets & More.

No comments: